NEW this year! Solo Jazz beginner level!
Mondays at 6:15pm at EDAM, 303 east 8th.
Next series starts March 27 with Solo Jazz Basics.
Click the link above for info and to register.
Lindy hop for experienced Swing dancers. In these classes you will:
- learn more complex moves and combinations
- focus on musical connection and responsiveness in your improvisation
- focus on partner connection and responsiveness
- develop versatility: learn and practice a wider range of tempos and styles of Swing and Swing-adjacent dance styles
- learn and create style and rhythm variations: get fancy, bring more variety to your basics, and make every dance uniquely yours
Intermediate students enjoy a discounted admission of $5 to the regular DJ'ed weekly dance, Rhythm City Strut.
Join us at iDance Studio at 257 East 7th Ave, for Intermediate Lindy Hop.
All classes are Wednesdays, 7-8pm. 5 weeks of one-hour classes.
- $90 / $95 at the door
- $50 limited subsidized access available for low incomes
- All prices include GST
- Mask-wearing is encouraged, though not required, so please be considerate of others’ decision to mask or not, and be prepared to put on a mask as a courtesy to your dance partner if they request it.
Upcoming lesson series:
The Intermediate program (A, B, C, & D) is a group of 4 five-week series that can be taken in any order:
A: Connection & Musical Responsiveness: Classes will highlight moves and exercises that improve students' connection to their partner and to the music.
B: Challenging Combinations: Learn complex moves and short choreographies to give you more material on the social floor, plus the skills to combine all the moves you already know in musically connected ways.
C: Versatility & Variations: Learn, practice, and develop your own style and rhythm variations to the moves you know and love. Dive into a wider range of tempos and musical styles, adjacent to Swing Jazz, and improve your responsiveness to the full variety of music played in Swing settings.
D: Speeding Up: Learn tips, techniques, and styles that help you enjoy dancing to the faster music played at Swing dances, plus moves that suit those tempos.
Note: you may choose to remain with one or two partners or rotate throughout the class, and you may change your mind as your needs and comforts shift.