Lindy hop for experienced Swing dancers. In these classes you will:
- learn more complex moves and combinations
- focus on musical connection and responsiveness in your improvisation
- focus on partner connection and responsiveness
- develop versatility: learn and practice a wider range of tempos and styles of Swing and Swing-adjacent dance styles
- learn and create style and rhythm variations: get fancy, bring more variety to your basics, and make every dance uniquely yours
Intermediate students enjoy a discounted admission of $5 to the regular DJ'ed weekly dance, Rhythm City Strut.
Join us at iDance Studio at 257 East 7th Ave, for Intermediate Lindy Hop.
All classes are Wednesdays, 7:30-8:30pm. 5 weeks of one-hour classes.
- $90 / $95 at the door
- $50 limited subsidized access available for low incomes
- All prices include GST
- Please be considerate of others’ decision to mask or not, and be prepared to put on a mask as a courtesy to your dance partner if they request it.
Upcoming lesson series:
- Intermediate B: Challenging Combinations - September 6 - October 4
- Intermediate C: Versatility - October 11 - November 8
- Intermediate D: Speeding Up - November 15 - December 13
The Intermediate program (A, B, C, & D) is a group of 4 five-week series that can be taken in any order:
A: Connection & Musical Responsiveness: Classes will highlight moves and exercises that improve students' connection to their partner and to the music.
B: Challenging Combinations: Learn complex moves and short choreographies to give you more material on the social floor, plus the skills to combine all the moves you already know in musically connected ways.
C: Versatility & Variations: Learn, practice, and develop your own style and rhythm variations to the moves you know and love. Dive into a wider range of tempos and musical styles, adjacent to Swing Jazz, and improve your responsiveness to the full variety of music played in Swing settings.
D: Speeding Up: Learn tips, techniques, and styles that help you enjoy dancing to the faster music played at Swing dances, plus moves that suit those tempos.
Note: you may choose to remain with one or two partners or rotate throughout the class, and you may change your mind as your needs and comforts shift.